12.21.2008

A Deep Breath

Alright, I recant my earlier disaffection. The rocks I collected during my time in France and elsewhere have literally been there for millions of years. I can replace the maps with a couple dollars and a few days on e-bay. And money does grow on trees, plus whatever the hell plant linen comes from. Flax? Does linen come from flax? What is flax anyways? Have any of you seen a flax plant? I vaguely recall hearing something about them growing in the Nile flood plain. Maybe I should go to Egypt.

Anyways, I feel a lot better now because I got some food in me, listened to Minnesota Public Radio (thank you Internet), and had a nice walk around Berlin. It is a big big city. Texas big though, not New York big. Very spread out. I saw the Russian Embassy, the Chancellery and the Parliament, looked at Tiergarten from a distance, walked through the Brandenburg Gate (smaller than I'd expected it to be), and saw the Fernsehturm from several different angles. And I meet Anja tomorrow! Plus, its almost Christmas, so I can't be upset. And I'm in Europe, so I really can't be upset!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There there, Peter. All is well. You can relax and be happy. Also, go to the Sony plaza (and if you want, nearby Arcadia mall for some delicious bagels what you can't get anywhere else in that Jew-purged nation.) But the Sony Platz is what you really should see. Oh and if you have extra time, the Berlin Phil usually has student discount tickets for like $10 and is right there too.
-H