11.26.2008

Gah! So Much Luggage!

I just got half-way through sorting my stuff. I have about two pounds of maps, tour pamphlets, subway tickets, mementos and other paper-based crap, several pounds of rocks (not the lightest hobby to have - rock collecting), all of my clothes I brought with originally, all the clothes I've had shipped, various presents of differing weights that will have to be sent off in the next few days for Christmas, my laptop, my shoes, various books (none of which I've read - I haven't been in much of a reading mood while here), papers and other assorted homeworks, letters and newspaper clippings, my cellphone charger, power adapter, a stale baguette, two wrought-iron balusters, a travel kennel for a marmot, a bathing house for two but deck chairs for three, and of course, the front half of a Trabant.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well as long as you don't end up with three suitcases you should be fine ;)...btw how much luggages do you have anyway (my father wants to know, in order to choose the car he is going to pick us up from Berlin) - Anja

Anonymous said...

Check with the Bureau de Poste about sending the papers and books back as print-class freight, which is usually cheaper than regular mail but applies only to books & other printed material. Also, you can leave about half of it behind, including clothes, if you really want. I mean, you have enough clothes to last you half a year right here at home.
-Helen