8.20.2008

Montpellier At Last

Montpellier. Clean. Lots of young people. University is up a hill, about 25 minutes walk from downtown. Haven't been to downtown too often 'cuz of this. Then again, it's only my third day here. Met a few Americans. Well, met several Americans. Befriended a few. Experience is a lot like the first couple days of college, which, delightful as they were, I don't really have an interest in repeating. French classes are mostly grammar, oral expression and history. Pretty easy. Real class starts September 7th. Dorm room is small but manageable. It has its own bathroom and kitchen, so I can cook for myself and not have to pay exorbitant restaurant fees. I still need to do laundry. Haven't yet unpacked. Most've been speaking English, but will try to get out of that soon. Blue skies, sunny, about 80 degrees Fahrenheit. I am eager for the weekend when I can spend some time exploring. Tomorrow, we will go to the beach. Hopefully I will not get sunburnt. Please send addresses if you want postcards. That is all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

1600 Grand Avenue
Saint Paul, Minnesota 55105

Arnax said...

1013 Cromwell Ave. #2
St. Paul, MN 55114

(Sam and Karen--postperson won't deliver if you send it to Arnax or Ted or Isaac)

Anonymous said...

hurray! montpellier sounds GREAT. i'm glad that you've made it thus far, and in just a few weeks you'll actually be settled with the whatzernames.