8.23.2008

It's a Candy Shop For Me, Not You

Because I woke up late this morning (entirely by design of course - I may be in France but I'll be damned if I can't sleep in on weekends), and after discovering Obama chose Joe Biden as VP in spite of my karmic messages telling him it should be Kathleen Sebelius, I was perusing Facebook quickly before getting dressed and heading out to do... who knows. However, therein lay the aside that has me here, nearly three hours later still in my boxers.

Among my friends in the geography department, few are more enthusiastic about new and cool things than Aaron Brown. He is from Portland after all, which in my opinion, and probably his too, is the most likely place to secede from the US and form its own truly equitable collectivist state. I just happened to look that he had a note up about something or other - what it was about was not important, rather what is important is that got me on the track of looking up a whole bunch of geography blogs. Jesus Christ! There are tons of them! I currently have like two dozen tabs open on Firefox and I'm honestly like a kid in a candy store whose parents have just said, "You've still got your baby teeth and we've got full dental. Have at 'em, tiger!"

True, this does mean a lovely day in Montpellier will be wasted while I drool all over myself reading about cool geographical, urban and urban landscape things, but... I'm allowed to indulge. Besides, I am a geographer, and this is "research".

No comments: