5.26.2008

GA Comes to Visit... Not the State, but My Grandmother.

Today, I woke up at 9AM, which is the earliest I've been up since... well, last week when I had to sing for graduation, but before that I hadn't been up that early since... well, the week before that when I had a final at 8AM. Okay, so I guess waking up at 9 in the morning isn't that spectacular.

What was spectacular was seeing Grandma Anne! She's up here from Albuquerque for about a week to hang out with her family, and tonight we went to see A Midsummer Night's Dream at the Guthrie. It was really cool and had lots of acrobatics and singing and colorful costumes. Grandma Anne was really thrilled to see it. And really thrilled to see us all too. Tomorrow, we are having brunch at our house, which means I have to clean.

The only downsides to big family gatherings such as this are that 1) we have to have like a dozen of them and 2) Dad inevitably takes a million pictures of everything. If civilization ended and were, thousands of years from now, aliens to stumble upon the ruins of humanity, my family would no doubt have more than a few museums in our honor due to the quantity of preserved memorabilia. Okay, I'm exaggerating. Everyone's family is like this. Maybe if Dad had life-casts of us made, and set video cameras in every room in the house on continuous feeds, and we were to journal everything we did, then maybe we'd be especially documentative. Even so, I'm leaving a note buried in the foundations to the alien explorers that we deserve a museum and if we don't get one, we'll haunt them.

Q&KaBAM! Time

Lindsey Wickland of Plano, Texas writes:

Q: "Commodore, recently I saw Iron Man. Tony Stark seems like an ordinary man aided only by his ingenuity and his suit. What a rip-off. Do you have any super powers? Like genuine super powers?"

KaBAM!: "Lindsey, were I to reveal all of my superpowers, no doubt any number of assorted supervillains would come and hunt me down. I'm not talking about just the fancy ones either, like Lex Luthor or the Green Goblin. I'm talking about all the miserable, demoralized, out-of-work supervillains that normal comics have either rejected or dropped. The Masked Masker, Comatose Drooler, Little Woman, Def Leppard, Prickly Poinsettia... The list goes on ad nauseum. But yes, I can shoot lightning from my finger tips like Emperor Palpatine, and I can crush anything into a diamond."

Eat your vegetables.

No comments: