4.17.2009

Exceeding My Wildest Expectations

I wish the title could apply to my approaching term papers, but I can't say that for sure yet. What I am refering to are my very first photos from Europe. I shot them in black and white, so it has taken me a long time to get around to developing them. I finally decided to get them done at Proex this afternoon, and I've just finished scanning them. What handy technology Macalester places at my disposal. I am really really exceptionally pleased with how they have turned out. I have another three rolls that are being sent out for processing (since they are not C41, they have to be done in a lab) and those should be back by early May. After that, the chronicling of my European saga will be complete! ZOMG!

(Figures 1-10: A bridge in Zurich, Switzerland; a street in Zurich; the same; a clock tower dating from the 18th century; a view of the Limmat River; Zurich looking to the south over the Zurichsee; another view of the Limmat; swans on the banks of the Limmat; an ornate façade)

(Figures 11-14: Statue of Carlos III in Puerto del Sol, Madrid; the Tio Pepe sign in the same place; outside the Museo Prado; the interior garden of the Atocha Train Station)

(Figures 15-21: The Cathedral of Granada belltower; a doorway to the Alhambra built in the Moorish style; a view of the Palace of the Nasrids from the Generalife Garden; trees and flowers in the Generalife Garden; Martha and I in the Generalife Garden; the Alcazaba Fortress; another tower of the fortress, view from within)

(Figures 22-27: Woodwork on the ceiling inside the Palace of the Nasrids; Arabic calligraphy and geometric details; the same, with a pigeon; a tower in the Palace of the Nasrids, with reflecting pool; more geometric detail; a sun-porch inside the Palace of the Nasrids)

1 comment:

Arnax said...

Lovely photos! Sam and I will likely take "borrow" some of your work, print it and frame it. Maybe we should have an exhibit, like at a coffee shop.