2.20.2009

Fotos de Lisboa

Over the course of six months, I managed to accumulate approximately 24 rolls of film, totaling around 500 photos. I am just now started to get those photos developed and uploaded into a digital format. Much to my chagrin, the scanners at Mac do not resolve colors as well as I would like, and so the prints of the photographs are a good deal more vibrant and clear than their digital counterparts. So, to put it quite simply, here's what you've all been waiting for.

(Figures 1-3: (L-R) Vilja, Vilma and Ricardo at Ricardo's Apartment, where I couchsurfed while in Lisbon; the highway that passes beside Ricardo's apartment; the walk to the metro station from Ricardo's)

(Figures 4-6: The Torre de Belém; the Monument to the Discovery; the Geronimite Monastery)

(Figures 7-11: A fountain in a square whose name I no longer remember; calçada portuguesa - Portuguese mosaic sidewalks; a view of the Castelo Sao Jorge from Chiado; some king of Portugal, again don't recall the name; the Baixa from Chiado)

(Figures 11-15: looking out over the Tagus River to the east from atop the Castelo hill; the Ponte de 25 Abril and the statue of Christo Rei from the Baixa; I know this has a name, but I'm not remembering it - right outside the Praça de Commercia; another view to the east from the Castelo hill)

(Figures 16-23: Flags at the Park of Nations - where the Worlds Fair was hosted recently (I forget when); the cable cars, same place; the Lisbon Oceanarium; the skyline of the Park of Nations development; the Vasco de Gama shopping center; a reflection of the Oriente station; the Ponte Vasco de Gama; me near the same)

(Figures 24-29: The Rossio Train Station; the Sintra Train Station, looking up at the Castle of the Moors; Sintra; looking west out over the hills of Sintra and to the Atlantic; Vilja and Vilma at the Castle of the Moors; the Castle of the Moors)

(Figures 30-36: One of the hills of Lisbon; looking at the Baixa, the Ponte de 25 Abril and Christo Rei from the Castello Sao Jorge; peacocks at the Castello; same; the flag of Portugal; a view down a street and up a hill; the Marquês de Pombal (Hah! I remember one!))

Okay, I most certainly need sleep now, and putting up all these pictures has been extremely annoying. I've gotta find a better way of uploading photos to this website.

No comments: